Chris is a take-charge individual who brings effective insights and solutions to the achievement of business objectives. Chris’ background includes over 20 years of pension plan experience focused on assisting clients with analysis of plan investment functions, plan design initiatives, pension review engagements, plan conversions, and statutory wind up of pension plans.
During his career, Chris has been responsible for providing pension consulting leadership in plan design, funding, administration and governance. He has extensive experience in developing CAP guidance to pension committees in both the private and public sectors. In addition, he has managed the audit of individual pension plans, compilation and review engagements, and has assisted on special assurance and forensic assignments.
- Accomplished in business and change management with a focus on developing, delivering and implementing strategies.
- Excels at and has established strong long-term relationships in a variety of industries in both the private and public sectors with a focus on customer relationship management.
- Creative problem solver and innovator.
- Excellent presentation, communication , project management, consulting and negotiation skills.
- Recognized as a senior professional knowledgeable in pension, administration and legislation.
- Expertise in plan design consulting with employer sponsored pension plans including but not limited to: DB pension, DC pension, DPSPs, RRSPs, and IPPs.
- National Leader / Senior Pension Consultant for a leading Financial Services Organization.
- Pension Practice Leader for a Consulting Organization in Ontario.
- Senior roles with two International Accounting Firms.
Organizations / Certifications:
- Independent Financial Brokers Association
- Former Board Member of the Canadian Pension and Benefit Institute
- Serves on Multiple Advisory Boards for Insurance Companies
- Member of the Certified General Accountants of Ontario and Canada
- Project Management Institute
- Certified Pension Plan Administrator
- Peak Investment Group – MFDA & Securities Licensed
- Certified Hockey Trainer
- Certified Rep Hockey Coach